There were more than 183,700 confirmed COVID-19 cases in New Mexico as of 2/24/21. Sierra County’s cumulative case count is currently 698, but 524 people have fully recovered. 43 people have died.
- Our three State Parks are finally open to all visitors. Overnight camping will resume on Saturday February 26. Camping reservations may be made online or by calling 877-664-7787.
- Information about social distancing and hygiene is posted throughout parks to ensure visitor safety. There are capacity limits. Use of exact change is encouraged when paying the day-use fee, to minimize contact with staff.
- Gatherings of more than 20 people are prohibited.
- Restaurants are allowed 50% max occupancy indoors and 75% capacity outdoors.
- Non-essential businesses are allowed 33% maximum in-store capacity.
- Hotels and motels are allowed to book at 75% capacity.
- New Mexicans are asked to continue wearing masks and maintaining a distance from others. When meeting, try to do so outdoors. Maintain (at least) 6 feet of physical distance between yourself and others, and wear a mask that covers your mouth and your nose. Wash your hands often.