There were more than 700 confirmed COVID-19 cases in New Mexico as of 4/6. So far no cases have been identified in Sierra County, however all non-essential businesses are closed and stay-at-home orders are in place.
- As directed by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham in response to COVID-19, the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department (EMNRD) closed all New Mexico State Parks effective Monday, March 16.
- Bars, breweries, restaurants are limited to take out service and home delivery. RESTAURANT INFORMATION
- Hotel and motels are to operate at no more than 50% capacity; an exception is made for health care workers
- The visitor center is closed
- Chloride closed on Sunday, March 15 until further notice. This includes the Pioneer Store Museum, the Monte Cristo Gift Shop & Gallery and the Apache Kid RV Park and Rental Cabins.
- Events designed for more than 5 people are cancelled or postponed – see our current events page for information.