Museums in Truth or Consequences, Hillsboro, Kingston and Chloride
Housed in what was built pre-1893 as the Ocean Grove Hotel, the Black Range Museum tells the story of Hillsboro and its famous (and infamous) residents.
The Geronimo Springs Museum constructs a comprehensive history of the county and its inhabitants.
The Hamilton Museum contains displays ranging from a military button collection to Buffalo Soldier memorabilia with a focus on local heroes.
The Kingston Schoolhouse was built in 1890. It functioned as a one-room schoolhouse until about 1935.
The old Percha Bank is the only fully intact building left from Kingston’s wild mining days.
The Pioneer Store was built in 1880 during Chloride’s short-lived silver boom and contains many items original to the town.
Located next to the Hamilton Military Museum, the park is home to a half-size granite replica of the Vietnam War Memorial. The Museum and the Walk of Education honor all military service members.