Caballo Lake State Park Map and Information
Geocoordinates: 32.9068129, -107.3116466
STATE PARK INFO:
• Wearing a mask or cloth face covering is mandatory in public settings except when eating,
drinking, or swimming or unless a healthcare provider instructs otherwise, and violators
could face citations and $100 fines for not complying voluntarily.
• Bring hand sanitizer and additional personal protective equipment
• Maintain social distance of 6 feet or more while recreating
• Trails will be open; some water access is limited at this time due to seasonal conditions.
• No group shelter use or large organized events
• To limit interactions, please use exact change when paying fees or purchase passes online
• Recreate responsibly and pack out all trash
Located 20 miles downstream from Elephant Butte, with the majestic Caballo mountains serving as a backdrop, Caballo Lake offers facilities for RVs, tent camping, boating or kayaking, fishing, and hiking.
Amenities at Caballo State Park include a beach (camping allowed), boat docks and boat ramps, 4 campgrounds, group campsites and a group picnic shelter, a playground, exhibits at the Visitor Center, restrooms with water, showers and toilets, and a dump station at Palomino Campground.
The park is located 16 miles south of Truth or Consequences. It is accessible via old Highway 187, or from I25 Exit 59.