Wondering what to do if you’re in Sierra County for the Halloween weekend? Here are some ideas.
- 4-7pm: get your body ready for a rigorous slate of events by scheduling a half hour massage at Studio de la Luz — suggested donation $25 or more
3-6pm: get in the “spirits” at Sierra del Rio / Turtleback Taphouse & Grill’s cocktail tasting party, featuring beers, tequilas and full-blown cocktails — $25 per person
- 7-10pm: time to put on your Halloween costume and dance to music by Tequila Sunrise at Sierra del Rio Golf Course — $10 at the door, or free if you paid for the cocktail tasting
- 6am: rise and shine to see runners warming up and setting out on the Desert Ultramarathon, which is headquartered at Rotary Park in T or C’s hot springs district
(be sure and check out the list of events at the park, as entertainment and more is happening throughout the day, until 6pm) — free to spectators
- 10am-noon: check out some cool 4WD and off-highway vehicles in the Sierra del Rio parking lot at their OHV Spooktacular event, which will include trick-or-treating for the kids — so bring’em in costume! — free
- 6pm – trick-or-treat downtown or find a spot on the sidewalk to observe the parade of goblins, ghouls, fairies, princesses, and who knows what else, as they circulate between T or C shops collecting candy; drop off your carved jack-o-lantern at The Center Gallery by 6:30 to enter the jack-o-lantern contest; afterward, head to the Brewery for libations and live music — free
Truth or Consequences Brewing Co.
You are on your own to schedule a hot spring soak, grab a meal or take a stroll in our sparkling-clean October air — arguably, this is the best time of year! Need more ideas? Check out our What to Do page.