Elephant Butte Chile Cookoff
June 13, 2020
Tie on an apron and get into the competition with your best red or green!
2019 Chile Challenge Cook-off Schedule of Events
8am – Cooking Begins
2pm – Dessert Judging
3pm – Chile Judging
5pm – Dessert Winners Announced
6pm – Chile Winners Announced
Enter in any or all of these categories: Red, Green, Dessert
Fees to Enter
$40 to enter in either the red chile or green category, or $50 to enter both red and green chile. Enter the Dessert Category for $25. Professionals may also enter any category for $50 per entry.
Chile Cook-off Rules
- Entrants must provide a minimum of 5 gallons of chile to enter or 250 individual servings of dessert
- Chile must be made from scratch, in the open, and on-site at the cookoff
- Professional entrants may bring entries in for judging if they have been prepared at a licensed facility
- No marinating
- No complete commercial chili spice mixes allowed.
- You may be asked to taste your chili at turn-in for judging.
- Prepare a minimum of 5 gallons of chili or 250 servings of dessert.
- Finished products will be transferred to the serving area; serving in the cooking area is not allowed
- Dry camping is allowed onsite beginning on Friday evening
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners in the red and green categories, to the first place winner in the dessert competition, and to the first-place in the professional categories (red, green, dessert).
A people’s choice award will also be given out in each category.
Attendees may purchase a tasting cup ($2 to taste as much chili as desired) and cast their votes.