Chile Challenge 4-Wheel Drive Trail Event
October 16-19, 2019 | October 14-17, 2020
Cost: state park fee plus admission to participate
Open to 4WD vehicle operators of any experience level — offering an opportunity to drive trails in a supervised, nationally recognized, 4-wheeling event!
- – Rides ranging from Family-oriented to Extreme Trail Challenges
- – Vehicle Inspections on-site
- – Camping at the Riverside Campground Pavilion at Caballo Lake State Park
- – Breakfast Burritos daily at 7am from the Arrey Cafe
- – Sparky’s “food truck” on-site in the evenings
- – Wednesday night pot luck featuring barbecue and pulled pork from Rasco’s in Las Cruces
- – Friday Evening Ice Cream Social
- – Ice vendors on-site daily
- – Raffles!
Each day’s trail ride is led by an experienced leader who manages the run, helps participants complete the run, oversees climbs over significant obstacles if needed, and stays in communication with participants via a CB radio. There is no competition, just the challenge of the trail. Trails vary from very easy rides, accessible in a stock 4×4, to some of the most extreme trails in New Mexico.
Walk-in registration will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until trail quotas are full. A per day fee is charged.